Thursday, November 1, 2007

Class Links

There are a few blogs that I think you guys should check out. First off, if you want to learn more about abortion go to KGood’s site. KGood talks about both sides of the abortion issue from a neutral position but he also includes the importance of how the church and government is involved in this debate. The debate of stem cell research is similar to that of abortion because of its binary issue of whether or not stem cells from embryos are considered to be alive or not. Trailrunners is an interesting blog to look at because it offers information about whether or not people should use embryonic stem cells or adult stem cells to further the finding of cures for diseases. It also includes how religion plays a role on the outlook of each side of debate. Along the lines of this, Mike’s blog also discusses stem cell research. His discusses federal funding, cloning and the different viewpoints of the political spectrum.

5 comments:

trailrunner89 said...

Both our blogs are similar because they both are centered around the issue of ethics. Both issues are concerned with when a person believes an embryo is considered a human. When the topic of stem cell research is discussed, abortion is most likely to be also referenced since some people believe using embryos for research is on the same line as abortion: killing a human.

Adrian Lopez said...

I agree totally with trailrunner89. Considering that I'm also writing about stem cell research, I've noticed that I've had to mention abortion a great number of times when discussing ethics. I feel my blog parallels with your blog in a sense that we are both trying to define our issues based on what people classify as ethical. I feel you present your topic wonderfully.
By the way, thanks for referencing me in your blog. Expect me to do the same for you.

colleen said...

These links provided me with varying sources of information that has made me think about my stance on these issues. I'm glad that you presented these because I was able to become more knowledable on these topics

HotShot said...

For subjects that overlap I feel like it is important to know about both topics. Normally if you are pro- choice you also agree with the advancement in stem cell research and pro- life doesn't agree with it. Together maybe we can get people to at least reconsider their beliefs for the advancement of people and the world.

HotShot said...

Sometimes you need to use different sources to get why things are looked at a certain way and why people have different opinions for certain things. By utitlizing different sources from different people it can help give a better understanding to a reader. Some authors point out information that other authors do not have or explain it in a different way that a reader can better understand.